Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Straight from Steve 8

OK ladies and gentlemen, I am here and ready to pass along some great new!!!

I must start out by saying that I think Tammy and I are going to have to split up, because I have a new love and his name is Dr. James Turner (pediatric dermatologist). OH MY GOD is all I can say! This is the most incredible man on this earth right now to me. He is in total agreement with EVERYTHING we have been saying and trying to do from day one. Not only is he going to be taking care of Liam he saw a spot on my arm tonight and said "You got someone looking at that?" Of course I said no, so he said “Let me give you something to take care of it and when I see Liam in my office for the first time remind me and I will make all that go away for good.” Now this is something I have been trying to get rid of for 30 years, Man, I just wanted to kiss him!

He was there the entire time Liam’s dressings were changed. He took notes, a lot of photos, and wanted to know who everyone in the room was and what they were doing there. Later on in private I told him it was all a big dog and pony show because they knew he was coming.
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!! That is all I can say about this man. My heart and soul are lifted.  I told Tammy about 30 minutes ago that my chest feels like someone lifted 200 pounds off of it. Dr. Turner and I made a partial list tonight of things he will address in the morning with Lebonheur of all of the things he expects to be done in the next 24 hours. Also, he is writing orders for every little thing we asked him for like sheepskin blankets, medications, and plastic surgeon consults. Praise the Lord there is hope after all.

Needless to say I FIRED the doctor with the God complex this evening.  The looks I got from the head of medicine in the NICU and nursing staff were priceless. I mean, my chest is so puffed out right now, I am not sure I am going to fit through the doorway tonight. I know this is not going to be the cure of all cures, but you know what? When you have someone who is going to listen to what you have to say and not prejudge, that sure makes you feel good.

This man is also putting on the seminar Thursday night in Memphis for all the regional Dermatologists and the only topic of the night is EB. He is flying in a lady from New Orleans to speak for 2 hours. And when she is done, he is putting her up in a hotel here in town and bringing her up to see Liam on Friday morning. This lady is supposedly an expert on EB and travels the country speaking. I am just amazed there are people out there like this man.  
He also informed us that on Friday afternoon he has to be in Las Vegas for a consult and had planned to stay until Monday.  However, he is going home to change his flight to come back Friday evening so he can spend time with Liam this weekend.
Well, I told Tammy that I was going to keep it short tonight, so I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you who have been donating and praying for Liam, because I truly believe this doctor was sent to us by a higher calling. Tammy and I have much love for all of you and GOD himself so thank you once again and good night from Memphis.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment